Water Heater Installation Repair, Replacement
A well-functioning water heater helps make a house a comfortable home. Out of sight and out of mind in the basement or utility area, the humble water heater goes mostly unnoticed until the day it no longer delivers that hot morning shower.
Tank type water heater's have a life expectancy of between 12 and 15 years. Most manufacturing dates of water heater's can be found in the serial number listed on the tank. For example, the serial number 0802****** might indicate that the water heater was manufactured the second week of 2008. Check with your water heater's manufacture to determine how to read the date code.
Water Heaters are a safe and efficient way to deliver hot water within our homes, however, un-trained and un-licensed repair's and replacements can be dangerous to your health and or property. Always use licensed plumbers to repair and install plumbing in your home.
Faucets and appliances can use a lot of hot water, which costs you money. Morrison Plumbing can help you look for ways to heat your water more efficiently and use less.
Did you realize that heating water for bathing, cleaning, and laundry represents the second largest household energy expense after heating and cooling the home? According to the Buildings Energy Data Book, heating water accounts for 17% of on-site residential energy consumption. In fact, Americans spent a whopping $33.8 billion on residential water heating in 2010—anywhere from $200 to $600 per household. The good news is that water heater industry has come along way in the area of efficiency and comfort. Check out the Links below:
TYPES OF WATER HEATERS
It's a good idea to know the different types of water heaters available before you purchase one:
- Conventional storage water heaters offer a ready reservoir (storage tank) of hot water
- Tankless or demand-type water heaters heat water directly without the use of a storage tank
- Heat pump water heaters move heat from one place to another instead of generating heat directly for providing hot water
- Solar water heaters use the sun's heat to provide hot water
- Tankless coil and indirect water heaters use a home's space heating system to heat water